he Dutch Vicariate annually has an amount available to support projects outside and within the Netherlands, which fit within the mission of the Dominican Order.
Nederlandse versie klik hier
Since 30 May 2022, the Dominican friars in the Netherlands, as Vicariate, are part of the Province of Saint Thomas Aquinas (Belgium). From the Fund Dominican Contributions, the Vicariate annually has an amount available to support projects outside and within the Netherlands, which fit within the mission of the Dominican Order.
Projects must meet one or more of the following criteria:
– proclamation of the Gospel;
– Catechesis in cultures and environments where the Christian faith is less relevant;
– Use of social media in proclamation;
– Research and training programs and scholarships for the purpose of the
the activities above;
– projects in the field of art and culture in the context of proclamation;
– projects connected with a Dominican friar, Dominican sister, Dominican laity or a former Dominican.
The fund pays out a maximum of €75,000 annually. The maximum amount granted per project is € 10,000. Donations have the character of a free gift. Donations are expressly once-off.
Donations are granted by the board of the Vicariate, on the basis of a recommendation of the Assessment Committee Dominican Contributions. Members of this committee are: friar Paul Minke OP, Ineke van Cuijk and Jan van Hooydonk (lay Dominicans).
Applications should contain
– A description of the project or activity for which a donation is requested;
– a financial justification
– A motivation for the application in the light of the above criteria;
– contact details of the applicant (name, address, e-mail, website, bank details).
Requests for donations should be addressed to the Vicarial Council: email@example.com.